Question Strange beeping noise - Windows

Gumble316

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi Guys,

This is far from urgent but it's really bugging me that i can't figure it out.

ASUS TUFFX505 - Started making a weird beeping type sound a few weeks ago and getting more frequent. Assuming it probably software related as the volume changes with the when i increase/decrease but can't figure out what piece of software is producing it.

I assume it's windows (10) but I'm not sure why or what it means, It sounds a little like a notification of some sort but no screen prompts to tell me what. I've managed to capture and posted in the video below, apologies I had to put a background on to upload it.

View: https://youtu.be/dpNJyW4bmXg

Any help is much appreciated!

Ralston18

Titan
Will add another thought:

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hand screen corner.

Select "Sounds"

A pop-up window titled "Sound" should appear. Then go to the "Sounds" tab.

Test the sounds (tedious) but you may be able to match the sound you hear with a Program Event.

There may also be some clue within Reliability History and/or Event Viewer.

Gumble316

Honorable
Aug 31, 2014
Will add another thought:

Right click the small speaker icon usually found in the lower right hand screen corner.

Select "Sounds"

A pop-up window titled "Sound" should appear. Then go to the "Sounds" tab.

Test the sounds (tedious) but you may be able to match the sound you hear with a Program Event.

There may also be some clue within Reliability History and/or Event Viewer.

Thanks for The reply!

No Windows sound matches it after going through the list. I've checked both logs and although there are events on there, they dont match wit the times of the beeps :( Appreciate the suggestions!