Question Strange Behavior of ASUS TUF M5 Mouse

fpga123

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
So I just bought this mouse and already am frustrated to no end. A lot of image selection comes my way so I have set move and delete key combinations on the mouse's side buttons. The problem is that once I switch out to another profile from this one, the delete function gets applied to the left click button in addition to the left click function. The delete combination fires multiple times on a single left click. So much that once a file is clicked, I end up with a list of "item not found" errors as it gets deleted with the first command...

This manner of application of key presets seems to be not stored in the mouse as once I plug it out and then in, it forgets the profile setting and defaults to the first one. Thus it seems, that the driver software is actually attaching the functions on mouse events and not the mouse handling it on its own.

Please advise about what should I do? Is this a bug with the software (ASUS ROG Armoury 2 v3.00.28) and in combination with this specific modal (should I downgrade)? Or should I try RMA?

fpga123

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I experimented a bit more, its limited to the lower side button (Back). I assigned "m" to it as keyboard function and once the profile was switched, the mouse started spouting "m" continuously. It didn't stop until I switched back to the same profile but then left click stop functioning at all. Only unplugging and then plugging it, made it return to sanity.

Update 2:
The problem occurs only when I switch the profile through mouse's own button combination. If I switch the profile through the software, only profiles with mouse button mappings work. Buttons on macros or keyboard mappings input nothing.

Update 3:
Middle click also exhibits the same behavior.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS