[SOLVED] Strange Black spot on monitor that shows up in printscreen. Send Help

May 16, 2021
Asus RTX 2080 Super Adv edition
i9 9900k
Win 10: 20H2 : 19042.985
Nvidia Driver 466.27

I am not sure what it is or how to solve it. I am confident that it's not a dead Pixel. I shut down and then I switched HDMI ports on my monitor and then rebooted back into windows and it went away. Sometimes it will come back. I too use steam often... HELP. It has not returned at the moment, I removed display with DDU, with fresh driver install. Not sure.

Solution
Welcome to the forums!

I switched HDMI ports on my monitor and then rebooted back into windows and it went away
It has not returned at the moment, I removed display with DDU, with fresh driver install. Not sure.
You've done good first steps. Leave it there and see what happens.

Not only have you possibly resolved it anyway (it may have just been a one-off graphical glitch), but it's also good to take action then wait and see so that you can trace exactly what rectified it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

I switched HDMI ports on my monitor and then rebooted back into windows and it went away
It has not returned at the moment, I removed display with DDU, with fresh driver install. Not sure.
You've done good first steps. Leave it there and see what happens.

Not only have you possibly resolved it anyway (it may have just been a one-off graphical glitch), but it's also good to take action then wait and see so that you can trace exactly what rectified it.

Solution
May 16, 2021
I appreciate the rapid response. The spot has come back more than once in the past. However this is the first time I used DDU for a completely fresh driver removal and install. Other times I would just shutdown and switch HDMI ports. I hope I don't have a faulty GPU as they are just about impossible to acquire. Luckily it's still under manufactures warranty.