Strange blue lines vertically across the screen, possible fix ?

KristsJavalds

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
2 days ago, i got a HD 4850 to test before i get it. The guy im getting it from is one of my friends and got it recently too, but hasnt tested it himself. I came home and saw that theres strange blue lines on the monitor, is there a fix for this ? The picture isnt mine, but its the exact same thing im getting.

[Edit] Tho in the lines themselves, those small lines that you can see are going vertically too. The issue isnt my monitor and ive confirmed that with a HD 6670 for the VGA monitor i tested it on, and the TV with my RX 470. The thing is that im using adapters, DVI-I to VGA and DVI-I to HDMI, could those be the issue ?

a0c3dh.jpg

KristsJavalds

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015

if it wasnt working, it wouldnt display anything. Not trying to say that i can repair it, but if it has blue lines on the image doesnt mean its not working. it just has artifacts or whatever, i dont even know myself.

Image issues in a video card is "not working" since it's not usable. A TV with a cracked screen is also "working" if it turns on and displays something, but it's not really working as a TV. A video card that can't display a good image is broken.