Strange Boot Issue

cmi86

Distinguished
Hey folks not a matter of life or death but definitly a weird little problem here. My rig will not boot if i start up with my flash drive plugged in. I have been in the BIOS and set the boot priority to boot the RAID 1st CD 2nd and Card reader 3rd, boot from USB is not enabled but for some reason it will not boot while the flash drive is in.

Mobo- Asus M4 785M
HDD;s 2x WD Blue 500GB in RAID 0

any input greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

Solution
What I have found is that the boot order I set in BIOS can change if I add another device after I have set the boot order. If you want to test this, follow these steps
0. Shut down and power down.
1. Disconnect flash. Go to BIOS, set desired boot order, boot. This sets the base state.
2. Shutdown and power down. Attach flash.
3. Go to BIOS. Did the flash device show up at the top of your boot order or not? If not, then I'm off-target. If it does, reset your boot order and continue; you should boot from HD. Unfortunately, this will happen every time you re-connect the flash.

BTW - most Asus boards will boot to a Boot Menu of all available devices if you press F8 during the start of BIOS. There should be a message "Press...
What I have found is that the boot order I set in BIOS can change if I add another device after I have set the boot order. If you want to test this, follow these steps
0. Shut down and power down.
1. Disconnect flash. Go to BIOS, set desired boot order, boot. This sets the base state.
2. Shutdown and power down. Attach flash.
3. Go to BIOS. Did the flash device show up at the top of your boot order or not? If not, then I'm off-target. If it does, reset your boot order and continue; you should boot from HD. Unfortunately, this will happen every time you re-connect the flash.

BTW - most Asus boards will boot to a Boot Menu of all available devices if you press F8 during the start of BIOS. There should be a message "Press F-something for BBS popup."
BBS somehow stands for Boot Menu - maybe Boot Bevice Selection?

Solution