Strange bug sound/lag at random times

silverwave

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Hi!

I've been looking for some months about this problem and still can't find anything, so I ask the community.

Some months ago, I buyed a new computer :
- intel Q9550 quad
- DP45sg motherboard (which use IDT HD audio drivers)
- 4 gig corsair ram
- ATI HD4890

audio and video drivers are updated to lastest version.

I had no problem with XP, but when I installed Windows 7 (64bits), I started to get a wierd bug.

At random times, the computer seems to freeze for about a second then get back to normal. Everything freezes, mouse, graphic and if there's sound playing, it seems like it's repeating the same sound at incredible speed until the lag ends. Here's a mp3 to show you what kind of sound the lag makes :

Lag sound

I really don't have a clue what it can be. I've tried multiple things. I've updated audio and video drivers. I've search around forums to find similar problems. Couldn't find anything.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks

arcticwolfx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
This is a common symptom for when a Hard-drive is broken, mostly due to a physical crash. If it's not that, it could be any number of things.. both hardware and software wise. You may want to have your rig checked by a professional.

silverwave

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I've found the source and a fix for the problem.

It's the dlink network card drivers that are the source of the problem. I've instead installed atheros_v9.1.0.100_v1.30.exe which are another card's drivers and the problem never came back.