Question Strange Buzzing Feeds into headphones after new GPU

Mar 13, 2020
I just got a new GPU, the EVGA 2070 Super XC Ultra Gaming, and while it’s great I noticed one side effect. When playing a game, I now get this strange buzzing into my headphones. It’s slight and can be tuned out when the audio is going on with the game, but if I mute all audio on my computer, the buzzing still comes through.

I would say this is coil whine but it’s weird that I can only hear it through the audio jack. It gets slightly more intense when I uncap the frames. Fortunately I’ve found a solution: a USB audio jack. That completely negates the buzzing sound.

It could be my thoughts playing tricks on my, but putting it into the jack on the back of my CPU also might slightly help.

It’s kind of an annoying issue with easy fixes so far, but can anyone tell me why this is happening and if there’s a way to possibly negate the use of a USB audio jack? Or should I not worry? Would an RMA fix anything or is it worth it? Otherwise, no coil whine to speak of which is good, but I don't know if that's the issue hear and my headphone speakers are picking it up.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS