Strange characters instead of GREEK using application shar..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I used to fix my girlfriends computer by using application sharring, she
sharred the desktop and I could remotley control it.
She had XP greek and I had XP English. everything was working fine.
But we both had to format and we installed XP again on both our computers
like before.
Now when I connect to her I see some of the Greek text as strange characters
that are not readable.
I tried looking in the language settings but they are configured correctly.
Any Ideas what this can be creating this problem?

thanks in advance

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

You might not have the necessary font.

Windows Update Catalog lists multiple language"...Menus and Dialogs for
Internet Explorer 6 SP 1" that claim Windows 2000 requirement, but
appear under Windows Update Catalog searches for Windows XP Home
SP2/Multi-Language Features. I don't know if Windows XP inherited the
MUI (Mult-Language User Interface) those downloads require.

Kenny S wrote:

> I used to fix my girlfriends computer by using application sharring, she
> sharred the desktop and I could remotley control it.
> She had XP greek and I had XP English. everything was working fine.
> But we both had to format and we installed XP again on both our computers
> like before.
> Now when I connect to her I see some of the Greek text as strange characters
> that are not readable.
> I tried looking in the language settings but they are configured correctly.
> Any Ideas what this can be creating this problem?
>
> thanks in advance

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

> You might not have the necessary font.

no this is not the case....

"RobertVA" <robert_c72@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> You might not have the necessary font.
>
> Windows Update Catalog lists multiple language"...Menus and Dialogs for
> Internet Explorer 6 SP 1" that claim Windows 2000 requirement, but appear
> under Windows Update Catalog searches for Windows XP Home
> SP2/Multi-Language Features. I don't know if Windows XP inherited the MUI
> (Mult-Language User Interface) those downloads require.
>
> Kenny S wrote:
>
>> I used to fix my girlfriends computer by using application sharring, she
>> sharred the desktop and I could remotley control it.
>> She had XP greek and I had XP English. everything was working fine.
>> But we both had to format and we installed XP again on both our computers
>> like before.
>> Now when I connect to her I see some of the Greek text as strange
>> characters that are not readable.
>> I tried looking in the language settings but they are configured
>> correctly.
>> Any Ideas what this can be creating this problem?
>>
>> thanks in advance

Latest posts