Question Strange clicking and flashing.

Mar 21, 2019
I recently spilled Dr.pepper inside my PC tower. The pc immediately turned and i went and cleaned whatever spots I could find. It had leaked into ram and power cable slot on the motherboard. I cleaned it with alcohol because that's what it said to do when I looked it up(hoping this wasn't a mistake) and let it dry. I then plugged it all back in and it ran completely fine. I came back 10 minutes later to see my PC off and the motherboard lights flashing on and off to the beat of a pretty loud clicking noise. Just wondering if I'm completely screwed and need to replace some parts and want parts I might need to replace or if you think it's possible to clean and fix.

An epidemic of spilled liquids....I'm glad my computer is sitting above my desk...by about a meter.

The best you can do at this point, is tear it down completely, clean everything you can, and dry everything real well with a heat gun or blow dryer. Then bread board it and see what you get with a minimal configuration. If it works at that point, start adding things--one at a time--and see where it fails.

Mar 21, 2019
An epidemic of spilled liquids....I'm glad my computer is sitting above my desk...by about a meter.

The best you can do at this point, is tear it down completely, clean everything you can, and dry everything real well with a heat gun or blow dryer. Then bread board it and see what you get with a minimal configuration. If it works at that point, start adding things--one at a time--and see where it fails.
Thanks for the help. There was soda inside the ram slots and the ram sticks. I cleaned the sticky hell juice off and it started. Then did the clicking and crashed. I opened her up again and there's more soda on the fam stick now. So I'm trying to figure out how to get the soda out of the slot but it's a really tiny slot.

You probably need something that you can actually spray into the slots, while holding the motherboard at an angle and letting stuff run off the edge. All in all, you have the risk of damaging the board just cleaning it, but you don't lose anything by trying.

Carbonated drinks are fairly caustic, so getting that off there as quickly as possible is of definite benefit, but you may be chasing rainbows after the incidence of it being powered-up with the stuff there. Like I said, bank on buying a new motherboard anyway, and see if you can improve on what looks like a lost cause.

You might get lucky, and that would be cool.

Mar 21, 2019
You probably need something that you can actually spray into the slots, while holding the motherboard at an angle and letting stuff run off the edge. All in all, you have the risk of damaging the board just cleaning it, but you don't lose anything by trying.

Carbonated drinks are fairly caustic, so getting that off there as quickly as possible is of definite benefit, but you may be chasing rainbows after the incidence of it being powered-up with the stuff there. Like I said, bank on buying a new motherboard anyway, and see if you can improve on what looks like a lost cause.

You might get lucky, and that would be cool.
Update. The PC started up again but I'm afraid to turn it off. Hope it keeps.