Strange connection problems

Aug 20, 2018
Hello

Recently, I brought a computer without a wifi-card on it. Because I didn't want to buy one or connecting my computer to my routeur with a 30 ft cable, I brought two devolo cpl adapter (an engine who uses the electrical network to connect the house to internet). One is connected to my routeur in my living room, the second is connected to my computer in my room. They use ethernet cables.

It worked very well, better than Wi-Fi in fact, but after 6 hours, I couldn't connect anymore. I search why and I had two error message:

"1- "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
2- Default gateway is not available."

I find a solution, unplug the adapter connected to my routeur, wait a little moment, plug it again and 6 hours later, do it again because it doesn't work again. Sometimes, it can last longer or less because i'm downloading or watching some videos.

Can you help me? Thanks a lot.

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, it's not my native language.

Solution
Are any other networked devices losing connectivity after 6 hours?

My thought is that one of the adapters is overheating.

After they have been unused for awhile, connect to the network and download or watch videos as you normally do.

Keep checking both adapters to determine if one or the othere gets hotter and hotter.

Check the temperatures especially right when the connection is lost.

And also, if at all possible, temporarily run an ethernet cable between router and PC. If the loss of connection continues, then the router or PC may have a problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Are any other networked devices losing connectivity after 6 hours?

My thought is that one of the adapters is overheating.

After they have been unused for awhile, connect to the network and download or watch videos as you normally do.

Keep checking both adapters to determine if one or the othere gets hotter and hotter.

Check the temperatures especially right when the connection is lost.

And also, if at all possible, temporarily run an ethernet cable between router and PC. If the loss of connection continues, then the router or PC may have a problem.

Solution
Personally I have no experience with those adapters, but I assume there is a posibility that they are prone to noise. You can check if there is some aparatus in your house that turns on and off in a cycle that may fit that adapters up-time.