[SOLVED] Strange Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaXi1867

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
I am having the strangest crash I have ever experienced with my new system. Specs are below.
The computer works fine but if I leave it running for any extended period of time the monitor will not wake from sleep. If I press enter on the keyboard the computer restarts with no video output and proceeds to boot loop. The computer will not work unless I open the case and turn off the power supply wait a few seconds then turn it back on. The computer then works just fine. The only troubleshooting message is if I let to computer boot loop a few times and then cycle the power supply it will say there was a startup error and ask if I want to repair start up. I have tried to repair the startup but it always fails. A couple of troubleshooting steps I have tried
  • Repair Startup
  • Reinstall Windows
  • Updated Bios and Drivers
  • Turn off XMP
  • Turn off all sleep function on power profile except the monitor.
I am at a loss any advice would be super helpful.

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042
Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
AMD Radeo RX 6800
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2 2280 Solid State Drive R/W 3500/3000MB/s SSD (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C)

DeltaXi1867

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Ok update on this been running the computer with sleep mode disabled including shutting down the display. As long as the display does not turn off the computer works fine. So I changed the setting to turn off the display after 15 minutes and the computer would not wake the monitor and when I pressed the enter key it did the boot cycle which required me to turn off the power supply and turn it back on to get the computer working again . Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.