Question Strange creeping black/purple/green on certain games

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2021
So I got a new rig about a month ago now with a 3060, everything runs super well except I get some weird graphic glitches in certain games. I get black screen when playing Overwatch but not in the menu. And recently tried Doom and get this creeping purple/black/green across the screen. Warzone and a few other games run totally fine. I've tried reducing the settings and even undervolting the card which worked for a bit but has since returned. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
View: https://imgur.com/a/qjxWt3B

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Im assuming you used ddu after you uninstalled the old card right? If not try that first and foremost. Then i would unplug the card, reseat it, replug the card making sure the cables are firmly in. Then i would update my mobo bios because why not. Then COMPLETELY remove these games, perform a clean drivers install with the ddu method, and then reinstall the games. And see what happens then.

Usually these glitches are vram related. Have you tried to downclock the vram to the min possible with something like afterburner and see if they happen again? If not then try to raise the vram clocks again little by little and see if at any point the glitches come back. That's where i'd start honestly. It is indeed weird it's only few games doing that and not every game across the board (which suggests more of a software issue rather than hardware luckily).

What are the temps when that happen? And i mean every temp, not just the dye temp. Download gpu z to check all the temps and see if you get any odd high numbers while running these glitchy games.

May 13, 2021
This was an entire brand new build but I can certainly try using a ddu to be sure as a start. I'll try those suggestions then go into downclocking to see, I didn't try going as low as I could so maybe there will be a sweet spot on the way. As I test I'll check temps, nothing over 75 if I had to guess as I can't play more than a few minutes before the glitch begins to appear. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give these a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.