Question Strange dots on my screen... Any ideas what's the cause? - [SOLUTION]

Apr 30, 2022
- SOLUTION BELOW -

Dear Community 🙋‍♂️

I noticed some dots on my screen and some graphic "flickers", which kinda reminds me a little of artifacts. Some of these dots do appear and disappear within seconds; some stick to the graphic and even move with them while scrolling. These dots are formed like the edges of a square and can be black or white. I did a new RAM OC from 2933 MHz
(2666 MHz stock) to 3200 MHz @ 1.375v a few days ago (0 errors in 200% coverange in 6 synchronized memtest @ 2 GB). Could the cause of these dots be my RAM? :unsure:

As some dots move, they appeared on every image I searched to preview :tearsofjoy:😓 so I edited one for visualization:

- These dots aren't that big, it's only for a better view.

Many many thanks!

SOLUTION: I found the solution by turning off "hardware acceleration" in Firefox. 😓 Apparently this problem only took place in the web browser which I didnt realize.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022
Looks like a dying video card to me. Run Furmark and see what happens. Report back.

Furmark works fine, already tested like 100-times when searching the OC Sweet-Spot on my GPU. I found the solution by turning off "hardware acceleration" in Firefox. 😓
Apparently this problem only took place in the web browser which I didnt realize.

Still, many thanks for your time! It's very much appreciated. :giggle:

TRENDING THREADS