Question Strange drops in WiFi.

Jul 27, 2019
I'm recently switched to the X570 Aorus I WiFi Pro as a motherboard, which includes onboard wifi.
The issue is the connection dropping at random intervals. I have already checked and I know the issue is not with the router.
I have also tried a clean install of all the network adapter drivers.

Whenever the connection drops, it always fixes itself when I run the window's troubleshooter; I get a warning that a network cable is unplugged or damaged.
I'm starting to suspect that it might be an issue with the motherboard, but is there anything else I can try before I call it quits?

EDIT: The exact problems found by the windows network diagnostics are:
"A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken : Detected"
"Problem with wireless adapter or access point : Fixed"

Last edited:
It will try to switch to the ethernet if the wifi fails. You don't want anything plugged into the ethernet if you are using wifi, it will always attempt to use the ehernet if it thinks there is a connection.

Wifi is so hard to tell drops are extremely common in wifi. In most cases it is some interference. You could try to face the back of your computer toward the router. The case will block lots of signals.

I noticed that your motherboard has the so called "new" 802.11ax wifi. This standard is not 100% finalized and will be in a couple months. It is always a risk to buy equipment this early, we all remember the 802.11n "draft" stuff that was not 100% compatible with the final spec.

It "should" be ok on 802.11ac, you need to make sure you get the drivers from intel site.

Jul 27, 2019
It will try to switch to the ethernet if the wifi fails. You don't want anything plugged into the ethernet if you are using wifi, it will always attempt to use the ehernet if it thinks there is a connection.

Wifi is so hard to tell drops are extremely common in wifi. In most cases it is some interference. You could try to face the back of your computer toward the router. The case will block lots of signals.

I noticed that your motherboard has the so called "new" 802.11ax wifi. This standard is not 100% finalized and will be in a couple months. It is always a risk to buy equipment this early, we all remember the 802.11n "draft" stuff that was not 100% compatible with the final spec.

It "should" be ok on 802.11ac, you need to make sure you get the drivers from intel site.

I'll check it out, thanks!