Question Strange flickering around magenta-coloured text ?

Dec 12, 2022
So I just picked up a new Hisense 40 inch 1080p Smart TV and it's currently hooked up to my pc through an HDMI cable. I've been noticing some strange flickering/shimmering pixels around anything on the screen that is red-ish or purple/magenta. This happens on my consoles as well. If it helps I have it hooked up to an RTX 3070 for my pc but again this happens on my consoles as well.

Here is an attempt of me trying to get a video of it.

If it seems like the Opera logo is "shimmering" more than anything else, that's exactly what I see on any element that is near magenta coloured.
Any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might want to see if the panel you're working with has any firmware updates. Which Hisense TV do you have? Considering that the issue you speak of is present on other display sources, the issue might be a firmware or theTV's processor or a panel issue.

Dec 12, 2022
First off, thank you for the welcome!

Secondly, I'll have to check that out later tomorrow, I really hope that it's just a firmware thing and not something faulty. As for the model of tv, off the top of my head its the newer Vidaa model, but Im not sure of the exact model code.

Either way though, thanks for the suggestion!