Strange FPS drop happening in multiple games

Crow14

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
This is an issue that has been occurring in quite a few different games that I play. Examples such as Warframe, Starbound, Terraria, and the latest game I play, For Honor have these momentary FPS drops that go down to about 20 frames. The sound can even begin to become choppy from the slowdown. Normally the game runs perfectly fine with 60 FPS. I have been spending months trying to get to the bottom of this. My troubleshooting finally paid off when I noticed a process in Task Manager titled "System Interrupts". Apparently when the game starts suffering from the strange FPS drop, the System Interrupts process starts using up to about 20% GPU and even more. After a few minutes, the FPS drop ends as well as the high CPU from the System Interrupts.

Somehow these two are connected. I am still left with the question of what is causing these system interrupts and why it is happening while I am playing these games. I have had to deal with this tedious FPS drop for so long that I am at my limit. If anyone has a solution please help me.

My system specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Memory: 8GB RAM
Harddrive: 1.81 TB HDD

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
Run your antivirus and malware program to check that you dont got any shit on your pc.

I had a similar problem a while back. Had an malware program, that was disqused as windows program in the task manager.
I rightclicked it and checked the location of it and it was NOT a win program....

Crow14

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

I have ran both Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and neither one has picked up a virus or any other type of malware.