Question Strange FPS drops, lasting 20-30 seconds while gaming ?

Jul 30, 2021
Hello everyone! I hope you all OK. My problem is like I mentioned in the title, FPS drops which lasts 20-30 secs while I play a game in my Windows 10 system. It doesn't matter what I play, even I play PAYDAY : The Heist or Battlefield 4 this happens. My FPS almost drops to 5-10FPS and when I use Discord it causes voice lag until it ends. I always check task manager when this happens it says "very low" on power usage. You can hear sound lag, too. To sum up, my pc almost feels slow-mo for 30secs. Healthy days!

Here's my specs :

HP laptop
AMD Radeon 530 and Vega 3 graphics card
8gbs of RAM
1TB HDD
AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
What window OS are you using? Is it 32bit? You need 64bit to use more than 4GB.

What is your RAM Usage?

FPS drops often happen in laptop such as yours due to running out of RAM; you only have 8gb.

Jul 30, 2021
What are the other games you play with your laptop? Payday: Heist runs on Windows 7 and below, its probably not optimised and stable on Windows 10.
Aight, dude I used to play every game on stable 60fps. PDTH, BF Hardline, NFS HP, COD BO2 etc. Even Fallout 4. So i used to play oldschool and new games, too

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Aight, dude I used to play every game on stable 60fps. PDTH, BF Hardline, NFS HP, COD BO2 etc. Even Fallout 4. So i used to play oldschool and new games, too
That doesn't sound feasible to me. Your laptop's CPU, GPU and RAM are definitely not going to give you stable 60fps for games like Fallout 4. Even if you run on lowest settings.

From what I deduct, you laptop is likely to be heating up very bad during gameplay; you can tell this from the loud fan noise and hot surface on the side.

Jul 30, 2021
That doesn't sound feasible to me. Your laptop's CPU, GPU and RAM are definitely not going to give you stable 60fps for games like Fallout 4. Even if you run on lowest settings.

From what I deduct, you laptop is likely to be heating up very bad during gameplay; you can tell this from the loud fan noise and hot surface on the side.
Aight i have a cooler fan under my pc but bad news, the weather is 42 celcius here. It was fine before a month, tbh.

Jul 30, 2021
Yes, very likely; try monitoring your temperature during in-game.
I think i found the problem, sorry for late answer btw. I was busy as hell. The main trouble is about my CPU. While I gaming, it drops to 0.38ghz and it lasts a few minutes. I tried every solution about this trouble... Any ideas?

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
I think i found the problem, sorry for late answer btw. I was busy as hell. The main trouble is about my CPU. While I gaming, it drops to 0.38ghz and it lasts a few minutes. I tried every solution about this trouble... Any ideas?
What software are you using to monitor your CPU usage or ghz?

Also try reinstalling CPU driver.