Question Strange Frame Fluttering/Stuttering in every game.

Jan 10, 2020
I am having a problem where I get a really bizarre frame skipping/stuttering/fluttering if I move my cursor around ingame.
It appears to only happen if my framerate is above 144 FPS as my monitor is 144Hz.
Its not noticeable at 60 Hz or less but as soon as I set my monitor back up to 144hz it becomes more obvious.

I have been trying to fix this problem for a couple weeks now and I am at a loss as to what could be causing it.

My specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
RAM: G.Skill 8GBx2 at 3200Mhz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG X470-F
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850 Watt

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible your frames are dipping slightly below 144 when you experience that issue. Can you please state what you've tried thus far so we're not repeating steps you've already tired and not made progress with...?

Can you state the BIOS version for your motherboard? OS version(considering you're on Windows 10)? You also need to specify the games that you're seeing the issue on(without including an etc. in the sentence).

Jan 10, 2020
I have tried reverting all my NVidia Control Panel settings, turning on windows game mode, changing monitors, SFC /scannow, changing power settings and thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm on Windows 10 Version 2004
BIOS Date: American Megatrends Inc. 5406, 13/11/19

I first thought that it was just a problem on games using Unreal Engine but then I also noticed it in
every single other game i've played therefore listing them all would be of no use I reckon. including chrome applications like Google Earth or if I scroll up and down a page fast.

I also doubt that it could be framerate dipping below 144 because the higher the framerate the worse the frame skipping is. what I find strange however is it gets really bad at around 300-400 FPS in games and then at around 500 it nearly completely goes away which is confusing.