Question Strange freezing/crash issue where all process will become unresponsive. Help!!

Oct 19, 2020
Hey everyone, new here. I'll try to be as descriptive as possible:

I’ve had some issues with my PC since I first built it, and since then, I’ve reinstalled Windows, swapped out my mobo and RAM, and run various CPU/GPU/etc. stress tests, as well as chkdisk/memtest. Hopefully these three symptoms are good clues?

1. Every so often, everything will stop responding to my actions. The monitor is still on, and I can pretty much only click to close things. There isn't anything in particular that triggers it. It can happen when gaming or just sitting on the desktop. This is a huuuuuge issue for me, as you could imagine. If I open task manager when things start becoming unresponsive, the processes tab stops updating and all graphs are at a standstill. I don't even get a BSOD or error codes when this happens.

2. PC also doesn't know how to wake from sleep correctly. The fans and lights will go on but the monitor won't. (not my biggest issue here)

3. About a quarter of the time when I power on my PC, fans and hardware lights turn on, but my monitor screen will stay black, and my mobo's red VGA light will be on. After powering it off and starting it up again, everything will be fine and my PC will run normally.
I don't think it's always the VGA light, which is what confuses me. Most of the time it is, but I've seen other warning lights turn on instead.

Is this a PSU issue? Windows issue? I suppose it could be my graphics card, but I've run so many stress tests etc. on it and it's never shown any issues. I've also tested my CPU and storage in more ways than I can remember - also no issues anywhere. Should I be worried about my hardware?
Specs:
  • Case: NZXT h510 elite
  • Motherboard: Aorus x570 pro wifi
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen CPU w/ fan cooler
  • GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 2060
  • RAM: Corsair 2x16gb DDR4 3200mhz
  • PSU: Corsair RM750x
  • Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
  • Keyboard: Ducky One 2 65%
By the way, I have a bunch of DCOM errors in Event Viewer. Right before my last freeze/crash, I had one at that exact time stamp.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS