Question Strange freezing while gaming

May 14, 2020
Hi guys, I have a random problem with my desktop computer. It's about 7 years old and for a lot of time it's having problems with freezes. When I was playing Dota 2 or Valorant the screen get freeze but I'm able to listen the music (for me that's strange). Now, I tried underclocking the GPU and it seems to have better performance now, but now I have different kind of freeze. When I'm playing and listening to Spotify, some times I get freezes shorter than the usual ones, but it's very strange (like lag). I could click in the map and see other characters moving, but I'm unable to move (and also the Spotify stops for a short time). It's very frustrating and I couldn't find any solution in internet, maybe my hardware it's broken, I really don't know. Sorry for my English, I know it's really bad.

I underclocked my gpu with EVGA precision x and control the temperature and clock. Sometimes, when freezes, I notice some low peak temperature for a short time (between 2-10 sec). I hope someone could help me, because this is very frustrating and I don't know what to do.

My specs:
Intel Core i5-3330
EVGA gtx 660
Kingston 2x4GB
Samsung HD320KJ 320GB

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS