Mar 17, 2019
For years I have been using my monitor with an standard HDMI setup until this morning when it seemingly spontaneously decided to stop working entirely. When I woke up today and turned my monitor on I was greeted by a persistent "No Signal" message that was only remedied by moving my HDMI from it's standard port to the one connected to my graphics card (a GTX 970). All seemed fine until I started booting up programs or even starting chrome for the first time that day. Every time I did my computer would uncharacteristically chug hard for a few moments, and full-screen programs and games like Dark Souls 3 would open in a semi-window and slow my computer down to 1 FPS. Other games, namely Rising Storm 2, would just crash to desktop but some I was able to navigate the menus and set it to windowed mode where everything seemed to work fine. I tired updating my Geforce drivers, which eventually downloaded after more unusual chugging but that had no effect. If there a way to fix my HDMI connection and restore it to how it was yesterday, or is there a way to make do with the current port but fix this horrible chugging problem?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can you list pc specs plz

Issue sounds more like a hardware problem rather than the Hdmi cable itself.

Hdmi should have already been connected to the 970, not sure what you mean by moving Hdmi from standard port to the graphics card. Unless you mean to another Hdmi port on the card.

Is it possible now you're using igpu instead from the motherboard? Depending on your pc specs (don't know that yet) there can be multiple Hdmi ports and a common mistake where igpu is mistakenly used. Igpu's performance isn't great and would explain the chugginess.

It's also possible the 970 is on it's way out.