Strange ghost shadow

santox

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
i just upgraded to a nvidia gtx card and an acer x233h lcd monitor. all is fine except when i look very closely at writing, i can see "ghost letters". an example: an "l" i see the l basicaly normal but if i look closely, its acutaly an "ll" with the second l being extremely close to the first one and being almost invisible. or maybe you could say the l got an almost invisible shadow.

the "l" is just an example ofc, its with all writing. when the background is grey, the ghost shadow appears to be white and is a tad easier to see. this reminds me of something i had ages ago, was on a crt though i think. cant realy remember.

is this something from gfx card or monitor? any ideas how to get rid of it?

another question:

when the monitor screen is all white and i look at it for a while, i can tell a very slight flickering? can it be related to unstable electricity?

thanks

santox

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
the monitor only has a vga input. i did try different dongles and a shielded cable. didnt fix the problem though.

santox

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
it does, and everything is crisp, there is just this sort of shadow. its mostly not very strong and on white background its almost invisible. but if you eg look at http://cult.razerzone.com/ and look at the menu item "Show all" there is a black "l" shadow behind the last "l".

i tried different cables and it seems to have an effect. unfortunately the other cables just make it worse (even the shielded one i picked up in shop for testing).

You may not get away from that with an analog connection. I have never been happy with a vga connection on an lcd, you get those oddities where the image isn't exactly presented correctly. A Digital connection will map it pixel to pixel. It could also be an issue with the lcd panel.