• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Strange GPU And CPU Usage

Jul 2, 2020
Greetings,

I am in a weird situation with my CPU and GPU. The usage for both devices can be very strange depending on the game. Sometimes my CPU usage is normal, but the GPU usage will fluctuate from 99% down to 10%. And other times my GPU usage will be normal, but my CPU usage will be very low at around 40%. This causes low fps and lag spikes in games. I also noticed that when I change my graphic settings from low to epic, there is no visible change in FPS. Now, I know this is a sign of a CPU bottleneck, but that doesn't seem to be the case because both my CPU and GPU are supposed to work well together. Drivers are up to date, Temperatures appear normal.

My specs:
GPU: RX 580
CPU: I7-7700k
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: MSI B250M BAZOOKA
HDD: 931GB Western Digital WDC

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS