[SOLVED] Strange GPU usage decrease from 90% to 20-30% every second!

Apr 29, 2020
Hello guys, about a week or two i am having issues with my GPU. When i am playing games demanding or not (e.g. PUBG or DOTA2) after 10 min or so my gpu usage starts to bouncing from 90% to 20% or something and this cause mini freezes to my pc every 1-2 secs.
My pc build is
i7 7700k 4,2Ghz with boost 4,5 Ghz not overclocked
GTX Palit 1050Ti
HyperX 8G DDR4 2400Mhz
PSU Chieftech 650W APS-650C
Things i did:
Unistalled the drivers and reinstalled using DDU, nothing happened
Check SSD health with manufacturers and other programms, result healthy 85%
Stressed tested CPU and GPU both separately and at the same time, with prime95, and furmark, CPU results all good same for GPU separately and at the same time
I cleaned my pc from the dust and the GPU, worked fine for an hour then it did it again
I installed a different GPU MSI-750ti i played DOTA with no problem
Monitored my GPU-CPU with MSI Afterburner, i dont think it is CPU bottleneck as my CPU usage never reach 100% same for each one of the core,
Not a Thermal Throttle as i checked temperatures while gaming and during stress test, Gaming: CPU max 60-65C/ GPU: 50-55C, Stress test CPU: 80C, GPU:50C
Changed the settings from both windows and Nvidia Panel for max performance and it didnt work

I wasnt able to check if my PSU is not working properly and that causes GPU to not have enough power

I am asking if my GPU has clearly the issue so i should buy a new one or something else is wrong
Thank you in advance! :)

Solution
Have you tried to monitor the vram usage while playing? It seems like the the games you play in combination with the 1050Ti's driver cause a memory leak. That's why at first your gameplay seems normal but when the framebuffer hits it's 4Gb maximum after 10 minutes the game starts stuttering because the gpu driver can't figure out what to do with the never ending stream of data the game keeps dumping in the vram. That could also explain why your 750Ti worked just fine with just half the vram, that one has a totally different gpu architecture and driver.

Gzr

Apr 8, 2020
If it's happening only in games and not in benchmarks, it's probably a game/software issue. Weird that it doesn't do it with a different card, though, especially if you did a clean driver install. Vsync settings, perhaps?

Minetje

Prominent
Apr 30, 2020
Have you tried to monitor the vram usage while playing? It seems like the the games you play in combination with the 1050Ti's driver cause a memory leak. That's why at first your gameplay seems normal but when the framebuffer hits it's 4Gb maximum after 10 minutes the game starts stuttering because the gpu driver can't figure out what to do with the never ending stream of data the game keeps dumping in the vram. That could also explain why your 750Ti worked just fine with just half the vram, that one has a totally different gpu architecture and driver.

Solution
Apr 29, 2020
If it's happening only in games and not in benchmarks, it's probably a game/software issue. Weird that it doesn't do it with a different card, though, especially if you did a clean driver install. Vsync settings, perhaps?
i tried vsync also but it didnt work
thanks for trying

Apr 29, 2020
I checked my ram while game with GPU-Z and its 1,2 Gb out of 4 when the game starts to freeze
Thanks for the advice