[SOLVED] Strange hardware/software issue

nesteafury

Honorable
Nov 28, 2015
I don't know if I am asking this in the right spot, but here we go.

Recently I developed a problem where I would become unable to move chrome tabs, at all. I could open more and cycle through them just fine. But I could not drag the tabs to change their order or to separate windows. This will not go away until the computer is restarted, and even then is only resolved for a few minutes

Also when this happens some other wired [weird?] things occur. I am unable to play music on spottily [spotify?] because the program spazzes out and keeps restarting the song over and over, it wont even get through an entire second of the song. Other times it wont even let me click a song to play it.

Watching netflix movies, the progress bar will not go away.

Keyboard volume controls stop working.

However, when I unplug the keyboard these issues seem to go away. I do not have another keyboard/computer at hand to test with.

Do you guys thing this is a hardware or software issue?

More info
Computer is a desktop pc running windows 10
Keyboard is a Das Keyboard 4 Professional
I do not have any keyboard software installed

Thanks!

Solution
i would pick up a cheap keyboard just to see if it too has same problems, it doesn't have to be as good as the DAS, its just a test.

Have you tried in safe mode?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would pick up a cheap keyboard just to see if it too has same problems, it doesn't have to be as good as the DAS, its just a test.

Have you tried in safe mode?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution