[SOLVED] Strange images on the screen

Solution
the answer on page 64 of monitor manual doesn't help

No sound can be heard from the built-in speakers.
• Check whether the desired cable to input audio signals is properly connected. See Connect the audio cable. on page 20 for details.
• Increase the volume (volume may be muted or too low).
• Remove your headphone and/or external speakers. (If they are connected to the monitor, the
built-in speakers are automatically muted.)

the audio cable on page 20 is just the outlet on back for headphones or external speakers, It doesn't answer why the built in speakers are muted if there isn't a cable.

https://www.manualowl.com/m/BenQ/EX3210U/Manual/656150?page=63

try plugging a monitor into the motherboard and let the CPU run one...

Colif

Win 11 Master
since that is bios loading screen, I think it means its not the GPU drivers causing it. The boot screen makes it hard to tell when drivers kick in.

did you ever get an answer about the red/green text?

Don't you have 2 screens? does it show on the other one if you swap them?

is it still there in windows?

if its on both monitors it could be your 2080TI

Last edited:

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Not sure what you mean by 'show in the bios'. I just turned on the computer and this showed up. Forced it to shut down and reboot again. Windows asked me if I want to do a repair as it was not shut down properly. I clicked Repair and the login screen showed up. Problem solved.

I have not heard from them about red/green text.

I reported several issues and they mentioned that my issues could be caused by using three monitors at the same time as my RTX2080Ti could have been overloaded. The problems happened during normal Windows use, not during games playing. I use only one monitor the past three days as a test.

Currently I have the following issues:

• The monitor has a built-in microphone but none of them was detected by Windows. I asked them for a proper procedure to set it up but no reply on that.
  • For no reason, suddenly no sound from the speakers. Never have such problem from other monitors but this happened to any of the three monitors. They said that they are working on a firmware update. Even I used one monitor yesterday, I had this problem.
  • Some electric noise from the speakers. Again, happened in any of the monitors. They asked me to unplug the DisplayPort cable and tried HDMI. When I unplugged the DisplayPort cable and used HDMI, problem resolved temporarily. However, it could be anything as unplugging the cable caused the other two monitors to blink. Looks like Windows was doing some reset and that might fixed the problem temporarily.
  • One time even a monitor was connected to the PC, it was not detected. I know some other users have this problem.
Return period is ending so I need to decide what to do with the monitors this week.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
rj5sbhT.jpg

is the flash screen for bios, I have to assume if you hit the buttons mentioned on this page it would take you to the BIOS.

Does this show on all monitors or just one? i don't have multiple monitors but I think its normal for boot screens to only show on one monitor? If so, can you connect another monitor as number 1, just to see if same problem happens.

right now, its a hardware problem but I don't know if its the screen or the GPU. trying other screens might answer that.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
I did not hit any buttons mentioned on this page. My first reaction was to turn it off and change cable which they told me to do so when the other issue happened. In this case, I did not change cable, I just reboot and issue solved.

I only have one monitor connected to the PC the past three days since they think that my issues could be caused by using three monitors at the same time!

You are right. As I recall, when I had all three monitors connecting to the PC, only one monitor showed something on the screen. Only after I logged in did the other two monitors started to show things.

If you were me, would you return the monitors? It costs about US$1K each. I should be enjoying to use them but I just spend the time trying to get the issues fixed.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
how many are new?

I have a BenQ EX3210U. When I connected my PC to it along with a EX3270U
what is the 3rd?

For no reason, suddenly no sound from the speakers. Never have such problem from other monitors but this happened to any of the three monitors. They said that they are working on a firmware update. Even I used one monitor yesterday, I had this problem.

I would be tempted to connect the monitors to another PC and see if they work. If you got 2 or more new monitors and they all have same problem, i would question chances and look at what you connect them too. If sound is controlled through the GPU it could be its to blame. Maybe running 3 monitors is too much for it.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Sorry it was a typo. There is no EX3270U. I meant EX3210U. All three EX3210U are new.

I don't have another powerful PC to test. Otherwise, I would have done it already. From some reviews, I know at least two users have connectivity issue (monitor suddenly not being detected).

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't have any friends who could bring pc or laptop over to check monitors? I think need to test if any PC can get sound out of speakers.

does this happen every start now or just this one?

What CPU do you have?

Hi, this is a new issue that we just found. We've successfully replicated the issue in our lab and now we're working on the solution. It may take a few weeks, and we'll have you notice once it's available. Sorry for the inconvience.
2 months ago.

speakers not seen on a Macbook Pro

I can't find a lot on the monitors. found another talking about static but it wasn't clear it was your model. Google results don't always make sense.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Audio issue could happen anytime on any of these three monitors. When using other monitors, none of the issues I mentioned about this model in this forum occurred. That is why I tend to think there is something wrong with this new model.

i9-9900K

Colif

Win 11 Master
the answer on page 64 of monitor manual doesn't help

No sound can be heard from the built-in speakers.
• Check whether the desired cable to input audio signals is properly connected. See Connect the audio cable. on page 20 for details.
• Increase the volume (volume may be muted or too low).
• Remove your headphone and/or external speakers. (If they are connected to the monitor, the
built-in speakers are automatically muted.)

the audio cable on page 20 is just the outlet on back for headphones or external speakers, It doesn't answer why the built in speakers are muted if there isn't a cable.

https://www.manualowl.com/m/BenQ/EX3210U/Manual/656150?page=63

try plugging a monitor into the motherboard and let the CPU run one and see if you get any sound
Processor Graphics ‡ Intel® UHD Graphics 630
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...9900k-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

note: I am not sure if intel gpu has sound, it might?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does it look like that every startup or just happened once?

does that graphics problem show in windows? if so, is it on just one monitor or all 3? I guess you can't tell since they asked you to run with just one monitor.

Can you attach another of the monitors instead? If it happens on 2, I would think its the GPU. I highly doubt 2 monitors would have same problem

I don't know what to suggest, I will ask others. You need to test monitors with something else to possibly isolate cause.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. There is no need to ask others as the deadline for return is approaching. I have spent enough time trying to troubleshoot with them almost daily. I am not obliged to beta test their products.

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Thanks. I only have DisplayPort cables which came with the monitors. I am not going to use HDMI as my GPU does not support HDMI 2.1 which is a waste for these 144Hz monitors. I gave BenQ one more chance yesterday but they remain silent. I decided to return the monitors. Thank you for your help.