[SOLVED] strange Internet behaviour, could anybody give me some suggestions?

ProtonHawk

Honorable
May 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

To start I am having some strange problems with my internet connection to google chrome, steam and other browsers, where I am given connection errors before establishing connection to a website, or being told that I am not connected to the internet when attempting establishment. Now despite this the only browser which is working correctly happens to be Microsoft edge which can establish a connection almost 100% of the time.

The error description I have from google is as follows: "your connection was interrupted - a network change was detected - ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED"

In steams case I am able to access my library and download games but if I try to visit the store I am given the "Error -21" code, I get the same code when attempting to access my friends list too, once again if I use Microsoft edge and navigate over to the website I am able to browse there catalogue of games with no problems.

My internet connection type is 5G, I have updated google chrome and steam to there latest versions, my antivirus is AVG with firewall enabled and my connection is stable in terms of signal.

I do not get these error problems on my back-up PC, I can not figure out why this happening, is anyone able to help?

ProtonHawk

Honorable
May 9, 2014
Then it is most likely that host. Try booting to safe mode withnetworking. Does it work then?

So I booted it into safe mode with networking and it worked fine, after doing a normal restart I tried chrome and steam and they now work perfectly, I wonder what the initial problem was, because its working fine now, anyway thank you very much, I greatly appreciated your time.