[SOLVED] Strange internet connection issue ?

Apr 14, 2022
For the past year or so, I've been having this issue with my wired internet connection where on browsers I have to reload some pages several times for the page to load, and on most games, I have to retry the connection several times for it to connect to the server. My YouTube is fine, and I can connect and stream to discord calls perfectly, and I can wirelessly stream to my vr headset with no issues. so I really have to idea what is causing this issue.

I have changed motherboards since this started and so I'm lead to believe it isn't the network card. I've unplugged and plugged back in the router and modem power, ethernet cable and bought a new ethernet cable and none of it has worked, unsurprisingly to be honest.

Solution
This sounds like you have a DNS issue. The default configuration is your router acts as a proxy to your ISP DNS. So it could have a issue with the router firmware or more likely your ISP DNS.

You can set the DNS in your pc IPv4 to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 so it directly goes to a large dns server. These are cloudflare and google. I would turn off IPV6 support while you are in making changes,ipv6 can cause strange issues at times.

You can also change the DNS in your browser but this only changes it for that browser. Mostly used for people that need different dns on differnet browser or want to use encrypted dns. Encrypted dns is now supported by windows itself but I would leave that option off until you are sure it is stable...
This sounds like you have a DNS issue. The default configuration is your router acts as a proxy to your ISP DNS. So it could have a issue with the router firmware or more likely your ISP DNS.

You can set the DNS in your pc IPv4 to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 so it directly goes to a large dns server. These are cloudflare and google. I would turn off IPV6 support while you are in making changes,ipv6 can cause strange issues at times.

You can also change the DNS in your browser but this only changes it for that browser. Mostly used for people that need different dns on differnet browser or want to use encrypted dns. Encrypted dns is now supported by windows itself but I would leave that option off until you are sure it is stable running without the encryption.

Solution
Apr 14, 2022

You can also change the DNS in your browser but this only changes it for that browser. Mostly used for people that need different dns on differnet browser or want to use encrypted dns. Encrypted dns is now supported by windows itself but I would leave that option off until you are sure it is stable running without the encryption.
Thank you so much, this worked brilliantly. I have been plagued with this for so long I was going psycho