Question Strange Internet Issue

Mar 24, 2023
Hello All,

I currently use Tmobile home internet to work remotely and for family household use. Historically I have been able to log into my work cloud platform with no issues, until now. The Tmobile consistently get 100mbs down about 10 up with around 40ms latency. I have internet that will stream and run simple apps, but once I log into my cloud, log into a game (fortnite and age of empires) the signal has a seizure constantly dropping and reconnecting. It makes it unusable, yet it can do the simple stuff, but I have to be able to log into work. I also get a network failed error when downloading anything. This is happening on PC, Mac and Xbox series X. The PC is plugged into the modem via ethernet and everything else is wifi. The modem is Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway (has very little customization) I did exchange for a new box 2 days ago. I live in a rural area so bandwidth of service shouldnt be an issue. Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hello All,

I currently use Tmobile home internet to work remotely and for family household use. Historically I have been able to log into my work cloud platform with no issues, until now. The Tmobile consistently get 100mbs down about 10 up with around 40ms latency. I have internet that will stream and run simple apps, but once I log into my cloud, log into a game (fortnite and age of empires) the signal has a seizure constantly dropping and reconnecting. It makes it unusable, yet it can do the simple stuff, but I have to be able to log into work. I also get a network failed error when downloading anything. This is happening on PC, Mac and Xbox series X. The PC is plugged into the modem via ethernet and everything else is wifi. The modem is Sagemcom Fast 5688W Gateway (has very little customization) I did exchange for a new box 2 days ago. I live in a rural area so bandwidth of service shouldnt be an issue. Thanks
Start by disabling IPv6 on your PC/laptop. IPv6 can have issues that forcing IPv4 can fix. It shouldn't work this way but it does ....

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding [my underlines]:

"Historically I have been able to log into my work cloud platform with no issues, until now."

and

"but once I log into my cloud, log into a game (fortnite and age of empires) "

Two different clouds - correct?

Simultaneously connected and logged in?