Question Strange issue trying to copy/paste from .pdf

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Have run into an unusual issue on one of the PC in the office.

We receive our work orders via email as .pdf files. The company we get them from attaches them all as a 'string' of work orders (say 10 pages that cover 5 work orders 2 pages each). Our normal workflow is to create a calendar event for the work order and then copy/paste the details in, "print" the pages needed for the specific call and attach them to the calendar event.

On this particular machine this is the second time it has done this weird thing where instead of actually copying the text on the .pdf (highlighting the text) it's doing this large blue blob over the text which is very fuzzy and nothing can be seen through it. If we try to just download the form and then copy/paste it "block copies" the form and the paste is then what appears to be similar to the code view like you would see if you right clicked "inspect".

The first time it did this a simple restart seemed to fix it. This time it did not. Not all work orders are affected. We have tried to open it in Chrome, Edge, and Adobe and the particular work orders are all doing the same thing.

The machine is an i5 8400 with 32GB of RAM, Windows 10 fully updated, Chrome and Edge were just updated, scans come back clean. The machine runs just fine in every other way. I don't know what to even look for in regard to this.

I attempted to post a pic via imgur, but seems they have changed some things and it will not cooperate.