Question Strange issue with gpu?

therightstuff

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
I have a msi gaming trio 6900 xt 16G that I am having a strange issue with. The issue is ransom during game play. The issue is the screen has this rolling effect. Game become lag. I have tried different drivers, 2 different mother boards (pcs). It has did this since day one (purchased in June 2022).

Current system
msi mpg z690 force
32G memmory
windows 11

other systen 9900k
gigabyte z390 aorus elite
32G memmory
window 11

therightstuff

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
The issue is hard to esplain. When is starts I get these large black boxes thats horizontal across the screen at the bottom as if it were rolling top to bottom. The games it seems to happen most right now id BF2042 and Farming simulator 22. Yes only when gaming. I have tried different gpu drivers after uninstall with DDU. All temp are good (gpu isle 29 load 70 cpu idle 30 load 78-80). Power supply Rosewill 1000 watt.

vishvajit

BANNED
Jan 21, 2023
I have a msi gaming trio 6900 xt 16G that I am having a strange issue with. The issue is ransom during game play. The issue is the screen has this rolling effect. Game become lag. I have tried different drivers, 2 different mother boards (pcs). It has did this since day one (purchased in June 2022).

Current system
msi mpg z690 force
32G memmory
windows 11

other systen 9900k
gigabyte z390 aorus elite
32G memmory
window 11

The issue you're describing could be due to several reasons. There may be a problem with the graphics card itself or a compatibility issue with your motherboard or power supply. It's also possible that the issue is related to your setup, such as insufficient power supply or incorrect settings.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Update your drivers: Make sure you have installed the latest drivers for both your graphics card and motherboard.
  2. Check your power supply: Ensure that your power supply is providing enough power to your graphics card. A 6-pin or 8-pin power connector is required for most high-end graphics cards.
  3. Check the temperature: Make sure that your graphics card is not overheating by monitoring its temperature while playing games. If the temperature is too high, you may need to improve your cooling or adjust your fan speed.
  4. Try different games: Test the issue with different games to see if the problem is consistent across all games or specific games.
  5. Check for compatibility: Ensure your graphics card is compatible with your motherboard and power supply. Check the specifications for each component to see if they meet the requirements for your graphics card.
  6. Check settings: Ensure your graphics card settings are set to the recommended settings for the games you play.
If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that the graphics card is faulty, and you may need to contact the manufacturer for a warranty repair or replacement.