[SOLVED] Strange issue with PC

Mar 23, 2019
All right, I built my pc like a week ago.

When I first tried to boot it I couldn’t even get in to BIOS, after days of troubleshooting it turned out to be a bad MOBO (even though they ran it for me at the store when I bought it.. to update the bios).

So I got a replacement, everything was fine and dandy for a day before I started getting blue screens when I tried to play overwatch (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) and it turned out to be bad RAM after I ran the windows mem test. Even though I had ran a bunch of benchmarks on the PC a day prior.

When I turned in the RAM sticks to the store today they couldn’t even boot to BIOS with them. But they hooked me up with a new pair of sticks and off I went.

Now I’m home and can’t boot to BIOS again..
The troubleshooting CPU led just lights up when I try to do anything. I have reset the CMOS, rearranged sticks etc. nothing works.

Here’s my specs;
https://se.pcpartpicker.com/user/Guttan/saved/sXZtgs

My first MOBO was a B350-F.

Solution
I see lots of threads with msi mobos not working. When I was researching parts for my build. I viewed many MSI threads about so many issues. I am so happy I went with a gigabyte z370 and had not issues of any kind.

Most of the issues involved the ram not being Compatible with MSI. I would call MSI and ask for help. Or look for another modo. There is another thread on here that has almost the same issue same mobo.

Thread

I would go to the BIOS see what version its is. There is an bios update for ram on the linked on the thread above. Check to see if thats wall the store used.

Dave8671

Distinguished
I see lots of threads with msi mobos not working. When I was researching parts for my build. I viewed many MSI threads about so many issues. I am so happy I went with a gigabyte z370 and had not issues of any kind.

Most of the issues involved the ram not being Compatible with MSI. I would call MSI and ask for help. Or look for another modo. There is another thread on here that has almost the same issue same mobo.

Thread

I would go to the BIOS see what version its is. There is an bios update for ram on the linked on the thread above. Check to see if thats wall the store used.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 23, 2019

Most of the issues involved the ram not being Compatible with MSI. I would call MSI and adk for help. Or looknfor another modo. There is another thread on here that has almost the same issue same mobo.

Thread

I would go to the BIOS see what version its is. There is an bios update for ram on the linked on the thread above. Check to see if thsts wall the store used.

I can’t even boot into BIOS though :/

Reactions: Dave8671

TRENDING THREADS