[SOLVED] Strange issues with Slime Rancher ?

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hi all agian. I seem to be coming here a lot these days. Anyway I have a fairly new build

Win 10
MB Asus B460 Pro
Intel i7-10700
32Gb corsair
Asus RTX 2070 Super
Gold 750 watt pcu
M.2 SSD x2 + Sata SSD
Wired Logitech keyboard and mouse
Wireless Logitech F710 gamepad
All drivers up to date. (i hope)

Been gaming happily since build, from high to low end games and system has run flawlessly.
Only issue was with a Win 10 update that caused problems with wireless printing (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ncy-updates-released-to-fix-printing-crashes/)

All good until I re-downloaded Slime Rancher, a game I played quite a bit on my old system (with some issues as well). The problem is that, while playing the game, my inputs start to go crazy. Random jumping, rushing etc... game continues to run normally except for this.
So naturally I quit the game to search google but this is where things get strange. The random inputs continue even after quitting game. This was a sentence I tried to type to Dev's while this was happening:

"HW i wwsowwww wwit whappened again while pwlaywInwnwwwgwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. WTHIS MI ME TRyINg TO TYPE befowrwwwEW wiwwwwwwww wREStart wsysteWMWWW "

Restarting the PC fixes issue and it does not reappear until game is played again. The Random inputs seem game related. "w" "space" "shift" "scroll" no other letters or numbers.
Also found this in DXdiag

Diagnostics
Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket 1656641505736226643, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: steamwebhelper.exe
P2: 6.48.43.99
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: AppHangTransient
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: SlimeRancher.exe
P2: 2019.4.11.38916
P3: 5f69fee4
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: unknown
P7: unknown
P8:
P9:
P10:

I have reached out to Monami (devs) but was also hoping a expert on Tom's might have some theory's.
There is a wireless game pad connected while playing but not being used for this game.
My google searches have come up empty.
Any help is great help.
Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
What was the original reason for re-downloading Slime Rancher?

Where did you get the game? Source/download site?

Have you run any AV/Malware software?

Look in Reliability History for any errors that you can associate with when you are forced to quit the game.

Uninstall the game. Run AV/Malware scans.

Get the system back to normal, back everything up, and then maybe think about downloading the game again.

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
What was the original reason for re-downloading Slime Rancher?

Where did you get the game? Source/download site?

Have you run any AV/Malware software?

Look in Reliability History for any errors that you can associate with when you are forced to quit the game.

Uninstall the game. Run AV/Malware scans.

Get the system back to normal, back everything up, and then maybe think about downloading the game again.
The Game is from Steam.
My system is new and I had not tried out this game since my old system. It has had some updates and my children also enjoyed it so I re-downloaded it. (mostly for the younger ones as it's a colorful game that appeals to them)
I have run a few scans and found nothing. The Dev's have been unable to provide a solution. This is the weirdest issue I have ever had with a PC.

Ralston18

Titan
Reading back and looking it all over again.

This:

"Restarting the PC fixes issue and it does not reappear until game is played again. "

The overall implication is that the game or something used by the game is causing corruption.

And I believe that the Dxdiag is indeed clearly showing that or something very similar being the case.

Immediate things you can do/try to address the problem:

1) Run the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

2) Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to likewise find and fix some potential problem, However, keep in mind that if the problem is "fixed" then re-running the game may simply again corrupt the effected software.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

3) "Before and after" to delve deeper.

Start your PC but do not run the game. Look in Task Manager, Resource Monitor, Task Scheduler, and Process Explorer (downloadable free via Microsoft) one at a time to determine what all is running. Likely to be quite a bit so it may well take some effort to get a sense of it all. And we may later be able to narrow things down in one way or another. Looking may initially be overwhelming but it is safe to look about and get a sense of how to navigate within the tool and what all is being presented.

For example you may notice a small upward or downward pointing arrow in some column headers. Clicking the arrow sorts the data. Very handy if the view keeps jumping up and down or otherwise shifting about.

Then launch the game and look for something else that starts or stops running. You could also again look in Reliabiity History or Event Viewer for some new error or entry that corresponds with the keyboard's inputs going crazy.

No need to immediately react by starting or stopping things, applying third party tools, or attempting registry edit fixes.

Goal is to simply identify some specific difference between when the PC runs without problems and when the inputs go haywire.

I will take a look into the "Event Names" to see what might be learned there.

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply again. Im busy for the next half week but after that I will run though what you suggested and give an update. Really want to solve this strange behavior .

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Hi all. If you ever see this again just wanted to let everyone know that after posting a video of said issue to another forum, it was made apparent that this was actually a keyboard macro issue. Somehome a whole gaming session of keystokes were saved to my G1 and G2 keys and when the children where playing games like Slime Rancher they would inadvertently press one of the G keys that are close to the tab key and start a whole mess of inputs to start. If your curious here is a photo of said macro,
View: https://imgur.com/2Ejnc5i

My apologies to Monami and the Slime Rancher team who spent a lot of time trying to help me with this issue.
Thanks to all.

TRENDING THREADS