Respectable
Nov 30, 2016
Cpu t2300E 2c 1.66ghz
Ram 512mb i further added 2gb
Hdd 60gb
Windoes 10 fresh installed.
Year 2004

Its old and ancient laptop, i know.
When ever i open any apps, chrome, right clicks,windows folder, task manager, word etc,,,
It lag heavily.
In task manager, it shows very high cpu, ram and disc
Cpu and ram is weak, ok...But why hdd high usage?

Solution
When there's not enough RAM for a particular task, Windows uses free hard drive space as "virtual memory" to shift data back and forth in order to complete the task. That could account for the high disk activity.

If that's why it's happening, adding more RAM will help to alleviate the problem. I didn't have less than 4GB RAM installed even when I was using Windows XP.

2.5 GB RAM just isn't enough these days for any decent performance, especially when coupled with a relatively weak CPU by modern standards.

Truth be told, your laptop just doesn't have enough muscle to run Windows 10 satisfactorily in my opinion. Microsoft's claimed minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 are notoriously over-optimistic and should be taken...
When there's not enough RAM for a particular task, Windows uses free hard drive space as "virtual memory" to shift data back and forth in order to complete the task. That could account for the high disk activity.

If that's why it's happening, adding more RAM will help to alleviate the problem. I didn't have less than 4GB RAM installed even when I was using Windows XP.

2.5 GB RAM just isn't enough these days for any decent performance, especially when coupled with a relatively weak CPU by modern standards.

Truth be told, your laptop just doesn't have enough muscle to run Windows 10 satisfactorily in my opinion. Microsoft's claimed minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 are notoriously over-optimistic and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Solution