Question Strange laptop cooling issue

Omeggga

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
I've had this PC for 4 years, recently switched out my paste for MX-5, all goes more or less well. The only issue is that I replaced the paste because I was having this issue when, after gaming and the PC reaching temps of like, 90C it would drop to around 60C and refuse to go any lower. New paste didn't help with that. What could be causing this?

I've had this PC for 4 years, recently switched out my paste for MX-5, all goes more or less well. The only issue is that I replaced the paste because I was having this issue when, after gaming and the PC reaching temps of like, 90C it would drop to around 60C and refuse to go any lower. New paste didn't help with that. What could be causing this?
What are your laptop specs, brand, and model? Better thermal paste tends to transfer heat faster and if your cooler cant dissipate heat fast enough, then it will make a heat buildup.

Omeggga

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
What are your laptop specs, brand, and model? Better thermal paste tends to transfer heat faster and if your cooler cant dissipate heat fast enough, then it will make a heat buildup.

Laptop is ASUS ROG G752VS-GC310T, the relevant specs are GTX 1070, intel I7 7700 HQ.

Yeah but what weird is that this didn't use to be a problem. Device would go back to ~45C after gaming.

Last edited: