Question strange line on monitor

i have a benq 24 inch eye care monitor and their is a hozizontal line on the bottom left that is about 90mm long.
Depending on the main colour on screen it is more noticeable , i would not have thought i would have a row of dead pixels that long.
Another strange thing ... i did print screen to try and show it here but it was not visible when i opened it it paint program.

It is nothing to do with the g card as i tried a spare monitor and i could not see the line

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, its me again.

since its not rendered by the gpu since it doesn't show on other monitor, its actually the screen. or the cable

How old is it?

tried a different cable?

Benq horizontal lines

lots of reports of white horizontal lines with Benq screens. Could be the panel has gone bad.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
2006... its done its job. They don't last forever so if you do need a new one, at least you know you got your moneys worth.

Probably get a better one for pretty cheap now, if you only want a small monitor.

its likely to be dvi cable if its anything other than screen itself.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I may have had 3 or 4 monitors since 2006. I used a Samsung 1080p screen from then until 2015 but somewhere in that time the power button on front of monitor stopped working and it wouldn't turn on - this was caused by me - so I had to replace it with another samsung monitor.
2015 I got a 4k Sony monitor
2020 I replaced 4k with a 1440po screen.

(I used to turn monitor off at night as the blinking power light would keep me awake, but doing so wore out button. My work around on next PC was to put something in front of light so I couldn't see it. Current monitor doesn't have a light... joy)