Question Strange minuscule black dots on IPS monitor as I move my head around

annihilation

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
So I just got an IPS ultrawide monitor and did the LCD test and noticed it has one visible dead pixel which I can ignore.
However, I noticed when I move my head across the monitor I think I can see tiny black pixels. Tiny because they are much more smaller than that dead pixel. And I say I think because I am not sure if they are actually pixels or something up with my eyes.
However, I asked someone else to do the same thing - move head around the monitor closely with a red/blue/green color (LCD test) up on the screen and they did report seeing it too.
We also noticed if we move really close to the monitor (as close as possible) then the black dots/pixels don’t show.
Also, they don’t stay there as we move our head so meaning it goes away as we change our viewing angle.

I can't really seem the on a normal window like the browser etc but I can when I run the LCD test from the browser in full screen mode.
Also, I tried moving the mouse cursor over to those tiny black dots and then it shows up as white (color of the mouse cursor). This is different compared to that one dead pixel as that continues to show black even when I move my mouse cursor over to it.

Anyone know what is this and if it is normal?

Lutfij

Titan
I've seen it on some panels that were deemed faulty/defective due to bad QC. The panel you purchased should come with a documentation stating how many dots/issues you're going to have to find in order to initiate an RMA to get the panel replaced from the seller/manufacturer.

In fact, might want to mention the make and model of the display and see if using other means of connectivity changes the appearances of the dots.

It's also a good idea to keep the manufacturer and your seller informed about this issue so as to make things move faster once you meet minimum requirements for a replacement unit.

For added measure, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

annihilation

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
I've seen it on some panels that were deemed faulty/defective due to bad QC. The panel you purchased should come with a documentation stating how many dots/issues you're going to have to find in order to initiate an RMA to get the panel replaced from the seller/manufacturer.

In fact, might want to mention the make and model of the display and see if using other means of connectivity changes the appearances of the dots.

It's also a good idea to keep the manufacturer and your seller informed about this issue so as to make things move faster once you meet minimum requirements for a replacement unit.

For added measure, list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

But I dont think I can count them because there are so many and once I move my head slightly I cannot see them so are they really dead pixels?