Strange missing-audio problem

Redfox

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,comp.multimedia (More info?)

Hey Gurus,

I have a machine with the Hauppauge WinTV card and two Win2K installations.

On one installation I have the Hauppauge drivers installed and I can play
and record audio and video from an attached VCR. I can play CDs and files on
the HD and record them through Total Recorder (TR). This suggests that the
VCR is hooked up to the box correctly and that the audio Line In is ok.

The second installation (on the same machine) has had the Hauppauge drivers
removed and the BTWinCap drivers loaded. Both audio and video BTWinCap
drivers are
installed, according to Device Mgr | Sounds, video.....

On this installation I can

1 See and hear the output from the VCR
2 Record the audio track from the VCR using TR set to LineIn.
3 Record the video

I cannot:

1 With TR, record the sound from a CD although I can hear the CD playing
ok. The sound card with CD or LineIn as the source are selected.
2 Record any sound with the video from the VCR - the sound amplitude in
the avi is a dead flat 0. I have tried AVI_IO, VVCR and VDub - all perform
the same.

Can anyone spot the missing setting/s?

TIA

Val Healey

"RedFox" <RedFox@NoWhere.con> wrote in message
> Hey Gurus,
>
> I have a machine with the Hauppauge WinTV card and two Win2K
installations.

> On one installation I have the Hauppauge drivers installed and I can play
> and record audio and video from an attached VCR. I can play CDs and files
on
> the HD and record them through Total Recorder (TR). This suggests that the
> VCR is hooked up to the box correctly and that the audio Line In is ok.
>
> The second installation (on the same machine) has had the Hauppauge
drivers
> removed and the BTWinCap drivers loaded. Both audio and video BTWinCap
> drivers are
> installed, according to Device Mgr | Sounds, video.....
>
> On this installation I can
>
> 1 See and hear the output from the VCR

Correction: I can hear the sound as the VCR plays and the video/sound are
being recorded