Strange mouse acceleration

xillian

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello,
I have a new computer with windows7 Home 64bit. everything runs smooth. except a problem with counter-strike1.6. The sensitivity acelerates from nowhere about 1 second, than returns to the original. tried all the mousefixes. every mouse sens... tried 10 different mices. tried changing gfx-card. nothing works. and it only occurs in counter-strike 1.6. before this i had windows xp on a different pc. never had the problem. i really need a fix for this. HELP ME!

sorry for bad english. if this in the wrong category. sorry for that as well!

xillian

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
just tested it in counter-strike source. don't have it there

spudde

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Have you found a solution to this problem as I have the exact same thing? I've tried also the mousefixes, launch optionns, different mice, and it started when I changed to w7 64bit from xp. Only occurs in cs 1.6 for me as well.. Strange as hell

xillian

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
i found a solution with a program called "rinput". ive installed just the markc mousefix. clicked the enhanced mousepointerspeed ON. and then before you're going to playing cs open the the rinput.exe and type in "hl.exe". works for me.

spudde

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2011

Great! I'll have a try with that when I get home today. Would be great to get this stupid thing fixed as it is really annoying...

pr0ph

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
I also bought a new computer and got that 1 sec acceleration thing. Finally i found out how to fix it on my computer. I got MSI P67A-c45(b3) and when i put OC genie ON it overclocks my comp and this problem was gone in CS. But didnt like to have my comp overclocked all the time, so i keept looking and founded "green power" in my bios. I just disabled 2-3 things in there and problem was solved :D. Hope this will help you out.

/pr0ph
/bolibompa