Question Strange New Behaviour From my USB Ports

chefreinhold

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Hey Everyone,

I built my PC about 6 years ago. I've changed and upgraded parts here and there over the years and at this stage the only parts that are from the original are the Case, Motherboard, PSU, 2 sticks of Ram and my USB Mouse. Over the last two weeks things have started going funny.

I first noticed that my keyboard lights (eg. numlock) would not light up until Windows had booted. This meant I wasn't able to press F8 or Del to access UEFI if I needed to. I tried restarting the computer to UEFI and sure enough my USB devices would not work at all. I turned the PC off, unplugged it. Waited. Plugged it in and then turned it on. This time everything worked fine. I was able toa access UEFI and all was fine. Ok, so that was maybe a once of?
Unfortunately not.
I've noticed several times recently that the lights on my keyboard wouldn't come on until Windows booted and then my other usb devices started acting weird. The range on my mouse seemed to suddenly become a lot shorter, then my powered USB hub stopped working. It was 4 years old, and an AmazonBasics, so I assumed it had bitten the dust and I purchased a new one but it's acting the exact same way. It's plugged in, but the PC doesn't even seem to detect it in Device Manager.

I'm not sure what's going on. How do I diagnose this? I cleared the CMOS (read about that elsewhere) but that doesn't seem to have helped at all. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
My MoBo is an ASRock Z87 EXTREME3, PSU is a Corsair Builder Series CX750 80PLUS Bronze, 750W. I changed my CPU and GPU last Winter and everything has been working fine until now.

chefreinhold

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
use occt to stress test psu for about 10 min and check voltages at start up and in test see when the buzz start voltages have change psu could be going out report if it pass or fail test without issue .
Done. 74 Errors... :oops: Where do I go from here?

MVelKmj.png