[SOLVED] Strange noise coming from the Corsair RM750x (2018)

xSilverClaw

Prominent
May 19, 2020
Hey Guys,

I recently got a new PSU, the Corsair RM750x (2018). Today when I was playing Horizon Zero Dawn I noticed this strange buzzing sound, which I could only assume was coming from the psu. I think I read somewhere that the fan of this particular psu only turns on during high workloads, but to me this does not really sound like the noise of a fan. While I am not doing anything that requires huge workloads the psu is completely silent, so I don't really know if I should be worried or not.

The noise:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrcPW6WUjQ

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Solution
No unfortunately I cannot stop the psu fan. The noise I mean is this constantly repeating buzzing sound. I am pretty sure though that it is not the fan creating that noise, because it is pretty different from the sounds of my other fans. I have been researching this a bit and wanted to ask, if this could be coil whine maybe?
Get a empty roll of paper towels put one end to your ear and move the other inside the case till you find the noise. That will tell you if it's the PSU or not.

xSilverClaw

Prominent
May 19, 2020
No unfortunately I cannot stop the psu fan. The noise I mean is this constantly repeating buzzing sound. I am pretty sure though that it is not the fan creating that noise, because it is pretty different from the sounds of my other fans. I have been researching this a bit and wanted to ask, if this could be coil whine maybe?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Get a empty roll of paper towels put one end to your ear and move the other inside the case till you find the noise. That will tell you if it's the PSU or not.

Solution
No unfortunately I cannot stop the psu fan.

Why not? You just take a Q-tip and put it against the hub and apply pressure until the fan stops.

It could be coil whine. But I can't tell how loud it is or the pitch of the buzz since there's so many other noises in your video. Can you hear it with the side panels on while sitting at the desk?

It ONLY happens under heavy loads, right?