[SOLVED] Strange Noises

Sebastian13

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
My gpu fan is making a thumping sort of sound and when I take a look at the fan it is stopping and starting every second what do I do?

Solution
So what are your full hardware specifications including the model of your graphics card AND how long has it been in service?

Did you buy it new or used?

Honestly, it is most likely a bearing and will probably need replacement of the fan assembly or entire cooler depending on how it is configured, but it could also be that the cooler assembly is simply loose on the card and needs to be snugged back down. It could also be a problem with the motor assembly itself such as a loose or broken brush riding up against the rotor or some other loose component inside the motor. Fans don't thump unless something is physically wrong.
So what are your full hardware specifications including the model of your graphics card AND how long has it been in service?

Did you buy it new or used?

Honestly, it is most likely a bearing and will probably need replacement of the fan assembly or entire cooler depending on how it is configured, but it could also be that the cooler assembly is simply loose on the card and needs to be snugged back down. It could also be a problem with the motor assembly itself such as a loose or broken brush riding up against the rotor or some other loose component inside the motor. Fans don't thump unless something is physically wrong.

Solution