Strange Outlook Activity

pranaman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I have a client who has a fairly new Windows 10 laptop, a Samsung SMT710 tablet, and an iPad (II, I think)

She has Outlook 365 on her laptop and on her tablet. On her laptop, there are some issues.

She had 4 accounts - two different email accounts, hosted by Go Daddy, a gmail account and an iCloud account.

However, one of the godaddy email addresses appeared twice in the calendar area (and the contact area as I recall).

It looked like a mess, contacts appeared multiple times, usually around 250 per account, over 500 from the 'duplicated goddady account', so I backed up the godaddy email accounts, then removed all email accounts from Oulook, and found and renamed the .pst, .ost, and .nst files, thinking it would re-pull or recreate these files.

I installed Outlook on her tablet, and add the accounts there - the duplication did not occur.

I reopened Outlook on the laptop, and added only one godaddy/exchange email account - the one that was appearing twice.

However, in the calendar area, it appeared twice again. Also, the gmail account that I did not add back in also showed up. "what the heck!?" I thought.

I tried a few other things - running a pst repair tool, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 - same thing.

Anyone know why this is and how to fix the calendar and multiple contact issue?