Strange PC boot error

Mouseyrain

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2014
Hey I so recently put my PC into a new case

when I turn it on with no USB in, it comes to a page saying"Windows failed to start" but if I put any kind of USB in the PC it just crashes on a page with a flashing "_"

I can enter the bios. but when I do I can only use my keyboard for about a second before it crashes. I can still alt+ctrl+delete when this happens but nothing else.

I've tried to reseting my CMOS but it hasn't helped

hope someone here knows what's going on

Thanks

Solution
If all you did was move the motherboard & attached components to a different case, carefully recheck all re-seatings required e.g. gfx card. Check also all connections to the case e.g. front header/s.
If everything worked ok in the old case then there would be very little that could cause an issue in any new case. You're simply need to ensure nothing has loosened - everything is seated and connected correctly.

Jim90

Distinguished
If all you did was move the motherboard & attached components to a different case, carefully recheck all re-seatings required e.g. gfx card. Check also all connections to the case e.g. front header/s.
If everything worked ok in the old case then there would be very little that could cause an issue in any new case. You're simply need to ensure nothing has loosened - everything is seated and connected correctly.

Solution