[SOLVED] Strange Pc crashing problem

Sep 14, 2019
Specs
MB: ASRock ATX DDR4 Motherboard Z170 Pro4
GPU: GeForce GTX1070
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @4.00GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
PS: Some Corsair 750 something, i can't quite remember(kinda wish i kept the box)

Issue
Pc is restarting, no warning, not blue screen. Feels and looks kinda like a short circuit, but with varying results and influences
I've just just recently changed my pc specs and wasn't having any problems for about a month or so. Until one day my Power Supply basically gave out. I got a replacement power supply(just the same thing) and had it installed. Ever since then, my pc has been crashing, what felt like randomly. I only found out recently that it seems to be crashing when settings in games are set specifically.

I had installed MW2 and had set the resolution to 1920x1080, tried to play "The Pit" in Spec. Ops, and my pc crashed, basically a short circuit restart, i think. The best way i can describe it is, Once you load into the game, and move forward, it would restart the pc. This only happens when the game is set to 1920x1080.

Similar problem with the newest BorderLands game, BorderLands 3, I had gotten to a certain point in a cutscene, then just a pc restart. ( I haven't tried changing the resolution yet)

Sometimes it just feels like a random time bomb too, just playing or watching stuff on Youtube, and BAM, pc restart.

I've tried just about everything, from cleaning, making sure parts are fully connected and installed, driver updates, windows updates, even factory reseting my pc.( i've probably done more, just can't remember them all)

This might seem like something easy to spot, but i just don't see it. I just don't understand it.

Thanks for any help you guys might throw my way! just kinda want to have this problem fixed. Also, ask questions and i'll try to answer in the best and most helpful that ways that i can.

Last edited:
Solution
1) Check your MB to see it has the newer version BIOS or not.
How to https://www.howtogeek.com/196916/how-to-check-your-bios-version-and-update-it/ If the MB does not have newer version, may consider to update it. But keep in mind, if you don't do it right, you may brick the MB.
  1. Test the GPU, because the gtx1070 may has problem. Or try other GPU if you have other one.
  2. Open the PC case to check the PSU, because some of Corsair 750W, like the old model CX750W, is not good enough to handle the gtx1070.
How to https://www.howtogeek.com/196916/how-to-check-your-bios-version-and-update-it/ If the MB does not have newer version, may consider to update it. But keep in mind, if you don't do it right, you may brick the MB.
  1. Test the GPU, because the gtx1070 may has problem. Or try other GPU if you have other one.
  2. Open the PC case to check the PSU, because some of Corsair 750W, like the old model CX750W, is not good enough to handle the gtx1070.

Solution
Sep 14, 2019

Yeah, the MB BIOS was the only thing that i didn't look at. I updated it today and was able to use everything properly again. Thank you for the help!