Mar 25, 2020
Some advice needed;

PC wont boot, stays on the VGA mobo light before the bios screen prompt.

Then I have to reset it a few times, Ill get the MSI logo eventually but it will be frozen and doesnt boot to windows.

After a few more resets I'll finally get the system to boot but then cpu is stuck 0.52 ghz till I restart it again using the windows option to restart ( will restart fine when after its booted).

The issue then only persists once the system shut down then I have to repeat this process.

Any suggestions appreciated, I've so far ive tried:

• reinstalled windows onto a fresh m.2 drive set up with a UEFI windows 10 ( tried switching from legacy )
  • Disabled precision boost ( ryzen chip )
  • Updated bios
  • Rolled back bios to older version
  • Removed other drives
  • Swapped ram around
  • Re sat gpu.
All components were bought new around 1 year ago

Any suggestions appreciated

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

MOBO: Msi b450 pro carbon ac

GPU: 1070 founders

RAM: 16gb Corsair DDR4 vengeance pro RGB 3200mhz

PSU: Corsair CP-9020177-UK RM550x 80 PLUS Gold 550 W Fully Modular

Mar 25, 2020
Well, You need something to troubleshoot it with 🙃
The fact that POST gets stuck on the VGA part, suggests that it might have something to do with it. Worth checking.
So I grabbed a pc from work and troubshooted every single part and the problem persisted with all diff parts apart from my mobo and cpu so I'm assuming it's my motherboard, bit crappy considering it's only 6 months old

Mar 25, 2020
If you still have the paperwork, you might send it back to the vendor, the mobo should have warranty. Long wait though.
Yeah ive got the box still and got it on amazon so I have a email invoice, my work is paying for an upgraded replacement for me i beleive as the issue occured while working from home so they just want me back up and running asap.

I'm looking at an Asus TUF gaming x570-plus instead now as a replacment

TRENDING THREADS