Strange People in WOW

Hi,

Had a really strange thing happen the other day!

I play a lvl40 Dwarf Hunter, and was busy dis-enchanting
outside the AH in IF when a lvl12 paladin ran past me
and did a group invite. As its so busy by the AH. I accepted
the invite and asked on party chat how I could help. Did not
want to sound rude, by just ignoring him.

The player did not respond. nothing!!!! not even a wave...
I asked a few times and got no response at all.

I just thought the player as being a Noob idiot who is probably 10
years old
in real life and started chatting to my guild mates on the guild chat
channel.

Bear in mind that I am still in a group with this guy and he has not
left or said anything.
The trade chat started getting hectic as it always does in IF, so
decide to go out the front gate,
so I could chat to my guildmates in piece.

After chatting to my guildmates for a couple of minutes I turn round
and this guy is stood right behind me.
Still grouped with me but no conversation.

Now im getting really intrigued as to what he wants and ask again.
This time I get a respone. 'HAJ' comes up in the party chat. Thats it,
one word, and a word that means nothing to me.
(Anybody who knows what this means and what language it is I would be
intrigued to know)

I ask again saying what does he want, and that I dont understand. No
reply at all.

Normally at this point I would have sworn at him and left the group,
but I decided to have some fun.

I started walking down the hill out of IF and towards the crossroads. I
noticed he was following.

I needed to go to badlands (normally would get the gryphon) but decided
to walk it to see if he would follow.

He did. All the way to the entrance to Uldaman!

Although he was not much help in a fight against lvl38 elites he was
trying. We are sharing loot and everything off these mobs.
Must have been a small fortune for a lvl 12. (Your share of the loot is
7s) lol...

He even traded with me and gave me some sharpening stones for my axes.
Still no chat at all.
This carries on for about 30 mins, we killed about 20 mobs before he
got too brave and ran in first and aggroed 6 mobs and we wipe.

Then from the party chat I get 'HAJ' and he leaves the group.

Anybody else have anything like that happen to them?

And what does HAJ mean?

>>And what does HAJ mean?

>well, that is pretty bizarre hehe.

>I DAGS and the most interesting possibility for "haj" is that it is the term
>for the pilgrimage that Muslims make to Mecca at least once in their lives
>(or suffer the consequences, and we know how literally Islam takes these
>things).

>So, perhaps this guy was Muslim and wanted to make a pilgrimage and perform
>Jihad on the evil dwarves of Uldaman? And when he had enough, he said "time
>for my virgins, I'm going on a suicide attack".

>He's probably having a blast in WoW shangri la now.

It's also the TLA for Hanover airport. Maybe he wanted to go there?!
^_^

Or maybe he was Arabic, didn't speak English, hoped you would
understand and take him somewhere interesting. Which you did!

I am not too hot on my religous topics but from what you are all saying

Haj = Pilgrimage in the name of Allah

This is fine, but one thing still puzzles me.

Why did this brave or rather stupid lvl12 follow me? Me of all people!

I did not say to him where we were going or why. He just followed me!

So if it was a pilgrimage he was following me blind into a situation
that even myself at lvl40 am not going to survive.
(If anyone says they can solo Uldaman at lvl40 then they lie.)

As I stated out I am not religous so don`t want to upset anyone with
this next comment but I can only assume that he thought I was Allah!

How a short red bearded little dwarf could be Allah is beyond me.

I remember being a wee lvl16 and going in there by accident when
questing in Loch Modan. I ran out very quickly again..... lol

but the biggest point is how can it be a pilgrimage if you do not know
where you are going?

well, that is pretty bizarre hehe.

I DAGS and the most interesting possibility for "haj" is that it is the term
for the pilgrimage that Muslims make to Mecca at least once in their lives
(or suffer the consequences, and we know how literally Islam takes these
things).

So, perhaps this guy was Muslim and wanted to make a pilgrimage and perform
Jihad on the evil dwarves of Uldaman? And when he had enough, he said "time
for my virgins, I'm going on a suicide attack".

He's probably having a blast in WoW shangri la now.

Mike

"Chizel" <cgm@firstoption.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> I started walking down the hill out of IF and towards the crossroads. I
> noticed he was following.
>
> I needed to go to badlands (normally would get the gryphon) but decided
> to walk it to see if he would follow.
>
> He did. All the way to the entrance to Uldaman!
>
> Although he was not much help in a fight against lvl38 elites he was
> trying. We are sharing loot and everything off these mobs.
> Must have been a small fortune for a lvl 12. (Your share of the loot is
> 7s) lol...
>
> He even traded with me and gave me some sharpening stones for my axes.
> Still no chat at all.
> This carries on for about 30 mins, we killed about 20 mobs before he
> got too brave and ran in first and aggroed 6 mobs and we wipe.
>
> Then from the party chat I get 'HAJ' and he leaves the group.
>
> Anybody else have anything like that happen to them?

Haj is one of the five institutions of Islam. The performance of Haj as an
enjoined duty and its superiority is in the statement of Allah:
"Haj (pilgrimage) to the House (Kaabah) is a duty that mankind owes to
Allah, those who can afford the journey. And whoever disbelieves (i.e.
denies Haj) then he is a disbeliever of Allah and Allah stands not in need
of any of His Creatures." (Surah Al-Imran 3:197)

/shrug

72 Night elf virgin mannequins would rock!

"Mike in Mystic" <sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

> I started walking down the hill out of IF and towards the crossroads. I
> noticed he was following.
>
> I needed to go to badlands (normally would get the gryphon) but decided
> to walk it to see if he would follow.
>
> He did. All the way to the entrance to Uldaman!
>
> Although he was not much help in a fight against lvl38 elites he was
> trying. We are sharing loot and everything off these mobs.
> Must have been a small fortune for a lvl 12. (Your share of the loot is
> 7s) lol...
>
> He even traded with me and gave me some sharpening stones for my axes.
> Still no chat at all.
> This carries on for about 30 mins, we killed about 20 mobs before he
> got too brave and ran in first and aggroed 6 mobs and we wipe.
>
> Then from the party chat I get 'HAJ' and he leaves the group.
>
> Anybody else have anything like that happen to them?

Haj is hi in croatian... like hello hi...
hope it helps...

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:58:57 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
<sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:

>well, that is pretty bizarre hehe.
>
>I DAGS and the most interesting possibility for "haj" is that it is the term
>for the pilgrimage that Muslims make to Mecca at least once in their lives
>(or suffer the consequences, and we know how literally Islam takes these
>things).

Actually, it's "Hajj" when transliterated to Romaic text (e.g. English).

>So, perhaps this guy was Muslim and wanted to make a pilgrimage and perform
>Jihad on the evil dwarves of Uldaman? And when he had enough, he said "time
>for my virgins, I'm going on a suicide attack".

You don't want to do a suicide attack while on a Hajj, especially when
considering the destination. Trust me on this. :)

> Why did this brave or rather stupid lvl12 follow me? Me of all people!

Because you were probably the first person to accept his invite.
Probably spammed loads of people who rejected it.

I think you are reading a bit too much into the pilgrimage thing. He
might just wanting some power leveling but lacked the English skills to
communicate probably.

Being serious, I have to agree that this guy probably did not
understand English.

However despite the language barrier I would still have to put him in
the strange category.

I accept that when I was grouped with him that we would could not
understand each other,
but he did not even try the emotes!

I cant speak to Horde but I have got better sense out of most Horde I
meet (Am on PVE so its quite safe)

Carefully placed smiles / points / waves work wonders.

After a total time of nearly an hour with this guy the silence got
un-nerving. It would have been better if he
had run round me going /chicken.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:47:38 -0400, bk039@ncf.ca (Raymond Martineau)
wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:58:57 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
><sandiedadog@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>So, perhaps this guy was Muslim and wanted to make a pilgrimage and perform
>>Jihad on the evil dwarves of Uldaman? And when he had enough, he said "time
>>for my virgins, I'm going on a suicide attack".
>
>You don't want to do a suicide attack while on a Hajj, especially when
>considering the destination. Trust me on this. :)

What? No muslim suicide bombings on Mekka?!!? (it is Mekka, right?) :p

Btw, I wish to add myself to the "he was just saying 'hi', and
otherwise just being silent/shy/strange (but also getting good loot)"
crowd.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann