Strange POST error. I am stumped

puma1911

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0
AMD 8350 CPU
AMD 16Gb (2x 8Gb) 1600Mghz entertainment series RAM
PNY Geforce GTX 780
Samsung 840 Evo SSD (operating system located here)
WD Black 2TB HDD
Corsair HX850 PSU
Windows 8.1
NZXT Phantom 630

Booted up for the first time, Installed Windows 8.1 with no problems, updated all dirivers to their latest versions (BIOS, LAN, Audio, GPU etc) and then went on to install programs on the HDD. I routed some of the default folders in W8.1 like Music, Video, Documents etc to the HDD. I believe this is when problems started. The system would run for about 10 or 15 minutes (an hour on occassion) and then crash. The CPU LED on my mobo would light up constant and would get nothing but a black screen or a frozen screen.

I ended up reinstalling W8.1 and left everything as it is on a default installation. It ran great. I gamed on it for a good 8 hours with no problems until I went to shut it down and here is the issue:

When I shut it down and go to start it up again a few minutes later I get a black screen and that CPU LED lighting up constant. What is weird is when I leave it unplugged overnight and plug it in and start it up in the morning it starts right up and runs all day until I shut it down again.

The only interchangeable part I have is a 600w psu from my old system so I can verify that the psu is good. Hell if I can game on it all day long you would think everything else would be fine too. It's just when I shut it down it won't start up again unless I unplug it for at least a few hours.

Thoughts? Comments? anything really at this point would be helpful lol

puma1911

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

I'll give that a shot. Someone on another site suggested installing W8 on the HDD but I'll try the BIOS first. seems a bit easier