Strange print defect on samsung color laser printer

May 16, 2018
A customer of mine has a Samsung C460FW color laser printer with a strange defect on the pages.
There are some horizontal magenta streaks across the page that I can't figure out.
The streaks appear to be very precise and not something caused by toner waste or defective drum.
See the images below for an example of this. These are random and don't appear in the same position with every print which kind of eliminates a charge roller or drum.

Strange thing is, when printing text and specifying to print text in all black, the page is perfect. Whenever some graphics are included, gray scale or not, it would print these streaks.

Has anyone seen something like this?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,
Gerald.

21ov4ur.jpg

29fw28h.jpg

Solution
Did you check that color cartridge? Fuser? Pattern looks same, two lines close together then one a bit further apart, even though it's not identical. For that model printer, it would likely be cheaper and easier to just buy a working used model than try replacing parts in it if it's not an issue with the toner cartridge.
Did you check that color cartridge? Fuser? Pattern looks same, two lines close together then one a bit further apart, even though it's not identical. For that model printer, it would likely be cheaper and easier to just buy a working used model than try replacing parts in it if it's not an issue with the toner cartridge.

Solution