[SOLVED] Strange problem when computer goes to sleep- can't figure it out

samr4560

Honorable
Jun 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a strange problem- it's been happening since I built my PC about 5 years ago. It used to worry me but has never seemed to lead to any kind of larger issue, so now it's just an annoyance I'd like to fix if possible.

Basically if I accidentally bump my mouse or keyboard while my computer is going into sleep mode it seems to get stuck. It's like it gets half way to sleep (no display input or response to commands) but not all the way there (fans still running). Furthermore if I hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it on again the same thing happens- fans start spinning and lights come on but there's no display, no beeps, nothing. I then have to turn it off, turn off the switch on the back, and turn everything on again. Then it boots up (albeit a bit slowly) and proceeds to run fine until the next time I accidentally bump my mouse.

If anyone can give me any tips I'd really appreciate it- for a while maybe I thought I had a bad PSU but its' an EVGA supernova 750 watt 80+ gold and in 5 years I've never had any other problems with it. So I'm not sure what's causing this behaviour or how to fix it.

Thanks very much,

Sam.

Solution
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a strange problem- it's been happening since I built my PC about 5 years ago. It used to worry me but has never seemed to lead to any kind of larger issue, so now it's just an annoyance I'd like to fix if possible.

Basically if I accidentally bump my mouse or keyboard while my computer is going into sleep mode it seems to get stuck. It's like it gets half way to sleep (no display input or response to commands) but not all the way there (fans still running). Furthermore if I hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it on again the same thing happens- fans start spinning and lights come on but there's no display, no beeps, nothing. I then...
Hi everyone,

Basically if I accidentally bump my mouse or keyboard while my computer is going into sleep mode it seems to get stuck. It's like it gets half way to sleep (no display input or response to commands) but not all the way there (fans still running). Furthermore if I hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it on again the same thing happens- fans start spinning and lights come on but there's no display, no beeps, nothing. I then have to turn it off, turn off the switch on the back, and turn everything on again. Then it boots up (albeit a bit slowly) and proceeds to run fine until the next time I accidentally bump my mouse.

If anyone can give me any tips I'd really appreciate it- for a while maybe I thought I had a bad PSU but its' an EVGA supernova 750 watt 80+ gold and in 5 years I've never had any other problems with it. So I'm not sure what's causing this behaviour or how to fix it.

Thanks very much,

Sam.
Update your mobo bios to latest bios and install newest usb divers from manufactures website

Solution